What Does Tenant Insurance in BC Cover?

Categories: Tenant Insurance

Knowing what tenant insurance covers in BC will help you ensure that your property is being properly protected. At Mountainview Insurance in Abbotsford, we understand how important it is to have the right coverage for your particular wants and needs. That is why we offer a selection of different insurance products, including tenant insurance.

Learn 3 reasons why you need tenant insurance in BC.

Do You Need Tenant Insurance?

Even though you may not own the building you live in, it is still important to make sure that your personal property is protected from potential hazards, such as fire or theft. While your landlord’s insurance will work to protect their property from loss, it will not cover your property or personal liability exposure.

Find out if tenant insurance is mandatory in BC

What Does Tenant Insurance Cover?

Tenant insurance consists of three main elements:

Contents Insurance

Contents insurance covers any item that might be damaged from a disaster or theft from your rental space. This means that you will not have to worry about paying out of pocket to replace your damaged or stolen property.

Third-Party Liability Insurance

Third-party liability insurance covers you in the event that you are sued for damage to another unit from flooding or causing a fire that spreads to other units. This type of tenant insurance will also protect you if someone injures themselves or damages their property while inside your unit and wants you to pay for the damages.

Additional Living Expenses Insurance

Tenant insurance for additional living expenses can help you rent a comparable space while yours is being repaired after a disaster; however, it is important to know how much coverage your policy actually provides, as it may cap out at a certain amount.

Find out how much tenant insurance costs in BC

What Named Perils Does Tenant Insurance Cover You From?

Tenant insurance works to protect you and your property from a range of different named perils that are caused by:

  • Fire
  • Lightning
  • Windstorm or hail
  • Explosions
  • Rioting or civil commotions
  • Aircrafts
  • Vehicles
  • Smoke
  • Vandalism and malicious mischief
  • Theft
  • Accidental overflow of water or steam from plumbing, heating, and air conditioning systems
  • Frozen plumbing, heating, or air conditioning systems
  • Electrical currents

If you would like to learn more about what tenant insurance covers in BC, or if you are interested in one of our insurance products, please contact Mountainview Insurance at 604-557-0255 or by requesting a quote on our website. Mountainview Insurance is proud to provide high-quality insurance products to clients throughout Abbotsford and the surrounding areas.

Get the coverage you need right over the phone

We’re ready to understand your insurance needs and to work for you to get the coverage you need.

604-557-0255 START ONLINE