We’re ready to hear from you

Tenant Insurance

While most renters tend to think that they are covered under their landlord's rental policy, it is important to know that this is not the case. At Mountainview Insurance, we want to help tenants protect their belongings by keeping them informed about what having tenant insurance can mean for them.


What is Tenant Insurance?

Tenant insurance, also known as renter’s insurance, provides coverage to personal property in the event it is stolen, unintentionally damaged, or destroyed. Renter's insurance may also provide financial protection of liability coverage in the event someone is accidentally injured or their property is unintentionally damaged.

The Importance of Tenant Insurance

It is important to know that, if your personal property is stolen, damaged, or destroyed, your landlord's insurance does not provide coverage. Whether you have a little or a lot of personal items, you will want your property to be insured in the event of an insurable peril. Tenant insurance also provides coverage for additional living expenses in the event that you are forced to leave your home due to a serious loss.

Types of Tenant Insurance

There are a variety of different types of tenant insurance, such as:

Personal Property Coverage

Personal property coverage can help cover the cost of replacing items that are unexpectedly damaged or ruined. This level of protection generally applies to certain risks or perils, such as fire and theft. It is important to note that personal property coverage may not help protect everything you own. Certain types of belongings, such as jewelry or coin collections, have limited coverage under a standard policy. Your insurance provider can help you decide whether or not additional coverage designed to help protect specific items is the right choice for you.

Liability Coverage

Liability coverage can help protect you from paying out of pocket for certain costs if you are found legally responsible for injuries to other people or damage to their property. As with other coverages, limits apply to the amount a policy will pay out for a covered loss. Make sure to read your policy carefully and to ask your insurance provider about the limits you may face.

Additional Living Expenses

Renter's insurance normally includes coverage for additional living expenses in the event that you have to leave your home due to a peril. This coverage can help pay for additional costs, such as hotel bills and food, because you are unable to live in the home you are renting.

Tenant Insurance from Mountainview Insurance

If you are looking to purchase tenant insurance in Abbotsford, Mountainview Insurance offers a wide range of renter's insurance policies. No matter what you are looking for in a tenant insurance policy, please stop by our Abbotsford office, or contact us at 604-557-0255 or by filling out a contact form on our website. Our professional team of tenant insurance experts can help you find the perfect combination of policies for your specific needs.

Get the coverage you need right over the phone

We’re ready to understand your insurance needs and to work for you to get the coverage you need.